Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Day Seven of the 12 Days of Creativity




This is Day Seven of the 12 Steps to Creativity: Embracing Your Creativity Challenge!
Check out Day Six: Patience here!
Check out Day Five: Community here!
Check out Day Four: Inspiration here!
Check out Day Three: Imitation here!
Check out Day Two: Work Space here!
Check out Day One: Confidence here



On the Seventh Day of Creativity Meghan gave to me: APPRECIATION.



Nabbed from Flickr | Loving Earth



TIP 7 - Don't be too hard on yourself. I have already been harping on this idea. Do not become your own worst enemy when it comes to creating and being artsy. Allow yourself mistakes and redos. Appreciate your own talents and understand that mistakes come with that!

My grandma taught me how to make dream catchers and how to weave baskets, and she always said the Native Americans said any mistake in your weaving is a place for the evil spirits to be released from your life. Whenever I mess up I just joke with her that I am releasing a lot of evil! Take that mindset when creating! Any "mistake" or unintentional move can be used to your advantage if you let it.

I understand it is easy to work on something for hours and then take a step back and say, "this looks terrible". Step away for a moment then and come back later. But do not start beating yourself up because you will create a mental block.

Also, do not base your success or accomplishments on others. As I said before, you are not the Picasso of art. You are not the Martha Stewart of home crafts. Don't try to be.

Be the YOU of YOUR WORK. Sounds cheese-tastic, I know. But do it. Allow yourself to become the expert of your own style and relish in your style. For all you know, there are people out there trying to replicate you!



TASK 7 - Find a project or idea that you like and make a gift for a friend this holiday season! This will force you to be creative and to appreciate your work enough to give it away to someone to let them enjoy it! This may be difficult because you will question yourself the whole way through and think, "maybe they won't like this", or "they'll think this is terrible", or any of the other negative thoughts you have about your work. POWER THROUGH THAT! :) Create something, appreciate it, and let someone else give you kudos and appreciate it.



Show me the gift you made! Let me give you kudos! :)
Leave me some comments on your thoughts on Day Seven.
AND Stay tuned tomorrow for Day Eight: BALACE!











No comments:

Post a Comment