Monday, February 2, 2015

Pillow Party!!

I've dubbed my interior style "Worldly Cottage" and have recently been working on achieving that feel in my new studio apartment. I found some old clothing that was either donated or I had been saving up to do something cool with it and turned them into pillows for an awesome pillow corner that fits perfectly with my Worldly Cottage feel :)


This was an old pillow I had that had ripped corners and was in bad shape - so I recycled the stuffing for my new pillows! 


I gave new life to an old button up shirt and the old ripped pillow and this is how it turned out!


 
I reused the gold buttons from the shirt.


 This mustard yellow shirt became a new pillow, too! I also had a dashiki that I made into a pillow and used a strip of it on the yellow pillow.
 


 


 
 

 
I found these cream, linen shorts that are not very attractive but are made from an attractive fabric!! Perfect for an upcycled pillow!!!
 




Once again, this cream, linen blazer (complete with shoulder pads), with an embroidered green, tropical plant pattern was not a very attractive fashion item anymore, but I knew would certainly make an attractive pillow that would fit perfectly into my Worldly Cottage!!


 
So snip, snip, sew, sew, and here we are!! 

 
 
 Stay tuned, folks! More to come.....!

No comments:

Post a Comment