Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Pillow Party Part 2

I've been continuing with my pillows out of old clothing and used pillows. Part 1 (found here) has the beginning of my adventures into pillows. I've been finding old clothing with really cool fabrics but less than attractive fashion designs. Then I make pillows and fill them with the stuffing from old, torn, or otherwise unusable pillows to recreate new pillows for my Worldly Cottage!!

Here's the continuation of my Pillow Party! (sorry for the grainy pics!)
 
 
 
I made this navy blue pillow with the shirt from below. I added this beautiful trim with gold detailing as well. Now I know what you're thinking. Meghan, how did you not want to wear that beautiful navy shirt with shoulder pads??? As horrible as this shirt was before, the fabric was really nice and I knew it would make a great pillow.
 


Here's one of the corners in my studio apartment. The front pillow is another one I worked on made out of a long, denim skirt. The skirt was really nice (I got too excited and forgot to take a picture before cutting it up!!). I tried it on but it was a weird shape unfortunately. But the pattern was an amazing Southwestern design. So here is one of the pillows I made out of it.




Here's a close-up of the chair in the corner and the pillows.







This is the other pillow - a closer view of the Southwestern design. 




Here's my bed with all my pillows :) I love this stack of pillows and all the colors and patterns!!





More pillows!!!!!




 
Here's a close up of the pillows I made out of a dashiki. I used the fabric for other pillows. This one I utilized the gold embroidery that was on the front of the dashiki. It is an absolutely stunning fabric and I knew it had to be used for something. I could not bring myself to throw out the embroidery piece so I made this pillow, which I LOVE. 



 


 
 
Thanks for tuning in to another Pillow Party with Meghan....  ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment