My mom ended up finding these mini quiche pans, which is actually a much better option than one single pan. The nice thing is they are portioned out for a single meal so I can eat one for dinner or take one in for lunch. The other nice thing is that I can make the base for the quiche (the egg custard) but have different fillings for each mini quiche. So that's what I did!
I made the general quiche base - the egg custard - with 4 eggs, 1.5 cups of half-and-half cream and whipped those together. I mixed in some salt, pepper, basil, oregano, parsley, and thyme. (You can add whatever other seasonings you want, as well. Get creative!)
I made 4 mini quiches - each with different variations of fillings - pictured below!
The top left one has: Canadian bacon, cheddar cheese, and onions.
The top right one has: spinach, swiss cheese, onions, and mushrooms.
The bottom left one has tomatoes, swiss cheese, and onions.
The bottom right one has onions, mushrooms, and swiss cheese.
Here's the recipe:
-Pre-made pie crust
-1.5 cups half-and-half cream
-spices to your taste, such as basil, oregano, thyme, parsley, etc.
-Quiche fillers to your taste - swiss cheese, cheddar cheese, Canadian bacon, ham, onion, mushrooms, spinach, asparagus, tomatoes, etc.
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2) Fit the pie crust in the quiche pan and cut the excess off the top.
3) Line pie crust with tin foil and bake for 8 minutes. (This helps bake the crust just a little bit so that it doesn't get too soggy in the baking process.)
4) In the meantime prep the quiche custard base: whip the eggs, half-and-half, and spices together.
5) Chop whatever fillers you decide to use and set aside - if you are using onions, ham, bacon, mushrooms, or asparagus sauté it in a pan with butter to pull out the flavors a bit.
6) Once you pull the crusts back out of the oven, layer the bottom with your fillers then cover with the custard mix.
7) Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes until the top is browned and you can pull a knife out cleanly.
8) Let cool for about 10 minutes before enjoying.
9) You can refrigerate these for up to 3 days - reheat in microwave for about 1.5 minutes or in oven until warmed.
10) You can freeze these for much longer and reheat them anytime! Cover them tightly and put in freezer. Let it thaw before reheating.
ENJOY! Let me know how they turned out or if you have any questions!!