Saturday, May 12, 2012

My, What a Fancy Dog You Have!

I bought some amazing fabrics and set out to make some cute bow-tie dog collars for my dad's Jack Russell Terrier. This is meant to be a total gag gift/surprisingly awesome gift. I truly think my dad will use these bow-ties and the dog will look awesome.  I made the colorful, double-sided Dia de los Muertos bow-tie for more festive events, the hipster, flannel bow-tie for regular days, and the nautical-themed bow-tie for the summer... ;) They were super easy to make and I just bought a size small red collar from PetSmart.   I  used a snap to snap them onto the collar, which allows the bow-ties to be easily interchangeable!  


********



Dia de los Muertos - side one.





Dia de los Muertos - side two. 





Dia de los Muertos - full view, featured with red collar





"Hipster" flannel bow-tie.  





"Hipster" flannel bow-tie with snap.  Snap allows the bow-ties to be interchangeable.  





Nautical theme bow-tie.  






I will probably start selling some of these on my Etsy store - MyVintageBird










No comments:

Post a Comment