Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Look! Listen!

I recently found out about this absolutely amazing and creative artist.  Her site is this go-round's Funky Site! I am blown away by her work, and I am so incredibly jealous and inspired and intrigued. I am totally smitten! The artist's name is Erika Iris Simmons. Through her site you can get to her flickr account and her blog. Check her out.........



 This is from her "Ghost in the Machine" collection where she uses cassette tapes to create portraits (Jimi Hendrix pictured).


Here she uses strips of paper from Oscar Wilde's book "The Picture of Dorian Gray" to create his portrait.


This is a portrait of Beethoven made out of his own sheet music. 


Here she uses the "guts" of a baseball and it looks amazing.  



**********




There is beautiful flow and movement in her art. She uses everyday found objects and creates amazing pieces out of them.  She is an incredible artist and I'm in total awe of her!








No comments:

Post a Comment