Saturday, July 30, 2011

I Want This!

I Want This is going to be a new "segment" of my blog with no purpose other than showing things I've found that I want!!! For some of these items, I may end up breaking down and buying them, but most of these are just dreams........


********


I found this Etsy seller through HGTV's Design Blog (of course), and I love these pieces!!



The Etsy store is "Hammermann" and they have beautiful spoons and and other items.



This is an Antique Spoon Garden Marker. Here are others:









********

While sitting in a doctor's office waiting room the other day, I was perusing through a Better Homes and Gardens magazine.  I ran across an article about succulents and a garden shop in Santa Cruz, CA called DIG that creates amazing planters with succulents.  Here are some of my favorites.



This is a concrete top table that was broken in half and has steel legs.  Pebbles were glued in to keep in soil, and succulents were planted to create an amazing planted strip in this table.


These are orbs that start with sphagnum moss and have succulents planted around the moss.  This is an amazing living decoration.


This is a beautiful living picture of succulents in a frame.  Learn how to make this frame here



********


The last site led me in the direction of living walls... may sound kind of weird, but these things are amazing. I want a house covered in them. It makes it look like you live in a jungle.  Most of my browsing was done on Urban Zeal's site and Living Walls and Vertical Gardens' site.  




These are outdoor living walls.


I am obsessed with this one. I love the pattern and the colors!



There are also indoor living walls.  Some are used for purely aesthetic reasons and others serve more of a practical purpose.


These two living walls are used in the kitchen area to grow vegetables and herbs.






No comments:

Post a Comment