Saturday, April 23, 2011

New Orleans Inspirations

I went to New Orleans the week before Mardi Gras during all the parades. My friend and I had a great time walking around the French Quarter, buying art and seeing the mayhem of pre-Mardi Gras.  These are a couple of things I saw there that I loved.




This was an amazing door for an empty building.  This is seriously one of the most beautiful and intricate doors I have ever seen - I was really tempted to rip it right off that building.


This was a spray painted stencil on Chartres St. 



Perfect symmetry and very stereotypical New Orleans (at least for a tourist!). Art on Jackson Square with a horse-drawn carriage and a New Orleans police bus.  



Gator heads and claw back scratchers in the French Market...





No comments:

Post a Comment