Sunday, September 4, 2011

Hoosier Cabinet

I got this amazing, vintage white Hoosier cabinet and am going to start working on getting it back into shape.  Luckily, it has pretty much everything it needs structurally (I have the two drawers not pictured).  This piece just needs some cleaning and repainting.  This piece dates back anywhere from the 1920s to 30s, but I think mine is closer to the 50s.


The rack is in fine condition, but the inside will need painting and the bottom will need to be replaced.  




This is the flour sifter with a built in metal flour container above . The sifter still works.


This is the remnants of a design that's on all of these doors.  



I'm going to be working on this soon with the help of Debbie, who is great with redoing furniture and with antiques. I'm excited to get this going!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment