So the first thing to do was prepare all the ingredients and sterilize the jars and lids. I stemmed and cut the strawberries to make them easier to crush.
I then boiled the jars and lids to sterilize them and put them on a dish towel until I was ready to ladle jam into the jars.
I could eat the whole bowl of delicious, vibrant red strawberries...mmmm.....
I unfortunately don't have a any sort of masher to crush the strawberries so I had to use a glass....jankity, I know... Anyway, here is me crushing the strawberries one layer at a time to make sure they are even and boiling the lids also.
Here are the strawberries mashed and mixed with the sugar and pectin - ready to be ladled into the jars.
The final product!!
I filled 10 - 8 oz. jars with the jam (leaving the top 1" empty). I will admit that I messed up my first batch a little. I added more sugar than I was supposed to for the amount of strawberries I ended up with. It still tastes very well but is a little thicker and grainier than it should be. Next time, I'll know what to do, though, and it's great to have eight jars of jam in the freezer!!